Full media info: http://bioneerschicago.org/media/
GREAT LAKES BIONEERS CHICAGO Building a Future Guided by Nature
On November 2-4, Great Lakes Bioneers Chicago will host its first annual conference at UIC Student Center East. For three exciting days, participants will have the opportunity to join international, national, and local visionaries in a program of presentations and interactive workshops interwoven with music, drama, dance, poetry and celebration.
Our theme, Chicago the Living City, will bring together innovators from all walks of life to exchange ideas, build networks, and experience the power of visions guided by a philosophy that the responses to our city’s most significant environmental, social, and economic challenges must be in harmony with the wisdom and proven design of natural systems.
• Keynotes and Flash Talks by leaders in the environmental and social justice movements.
• Empowering, interactive panels and workshops
• Inspiring art, music, poetry, drama, and dance
• Youth-related workshops and activities
• Exhibit Hall showcasing Chicago’s change makers
• Facilitated discussions designed to move the dialogue beyond the event
Learn how to turn today’s most pressing challenges into just solutions that restore and heal our planet.
• Richard Heinberg – Senior Fellow, Post Carbon Institute
• Dr. Vandana Shiva – Author, internationally renowned scientist and food justice activist
• Nina Simons – Co-Founder, National Bioneers
• John Edel – Eco-preneur and founder of The Plant, Chicago’s first vertical farm and food business incubator
• Starhawk – Author/voice of earth-based spirituality, activist, and ecofeminist
• Dr. Gerould Wilhelm – World-class botanist and Director of the Conservation Research Institute
• Mark Lakeman – Urban placemaker, Communitecture